Sauvignon Blanc 1155 Napa Valley 2020
About this Wine
On the nose: Meyer lemon peels, carmelized pineapples and lemongrass are accented by notes of kiwis and honeydew melons
On the palate: Bright acidity is complemented by citrus, white peach, Fuji apple and subtle pie crust
Blend: 98% Sauvignon Blanc, 2% Semillon
Fermentation: 50% barrel fermented in 25% new acacia with the other 75% older acacia and traditional French oak
Aging: 14 months in barrel, 50% barrel fermented in 25% new acacia with the other 75% older acacia and traditional French oak
Excellence defines the start of the 2020 growing season in Napa Valley. A dry winter and mild spring led to early budbreak. During summer, a few heat spells pushed the vines through the bloom period, and again at the completion of veraison, with perfectly moderate growing conditions in between. Warm, sunny weather through August allowed for an early harvest of white grapes. We captured the ideal maturity window for our Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay blocks, resulting in wines with beautiful ripeness, bright, balanced acidity and an abundance of character.